HealthcareTomorrow

Monday, December 19, 2005

New Year, New Job

New Year, New Job – A few weeks ago, I shared that I was laid off from my job at the hospital. I am happy to announce that I will be joining Xpediate Consulting LLC in the new year. Xpediate has created a software application that helps hospitals prepare for their JCAHO survey and then maintain continual readiness. I will be helping the company develop its software application and add functionality.

This is an exciting company and an exciting new role for me, but I must admit that I was a little apprehensive about the opportunity at first. If you have read this blog before, then you know that I am passionate about hospitals and healthcare. At first, I was concerned that this job would remove me from hospitals and I would loose touch with all the great things that hospitals are doing to improve healthcare. However, I have come to learn that I will be a part of improving healthcare in a different way. As this application evolves, it will give hospitals an even greater ability to manage their quality improvement programs. As the industry moves towards the electronic medical record, computer applications, like ours, will be all the more necessary for improving quality and communicating results with the various stakeholders.

In thinking about this blog, there is no doubt that my new focus on healthcare IT and patient safety/quality will impact the topics about which I write. As always, my hope is that readers will find the posts interesting and helpful. I am still invested in the future of hospitals and healthcare. Perhaps in my new role, I can help shape that future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home