HealthcareTomorrow

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I'm Back

Well it has been over 2 months since my last post and alot has happened.

For one, I am working again in a hospital and I couldn't be happier. Consulting was interesting, but my heart wanted to be back on the provider side. My new role is Director of Special Projects in the Human Resources department of Stanford Hospital and Clinics. I am not quite as close to patient care as I would like, but I am grateful to be working on some great projects in an important department.

Second, I am plugged in again. While working in consulting, I didn't feel like I was fighting the good fight anymore. I was in healthcare, but I wasn't working for an organization whose purpose was serving patients. After a while, I felt like I lost touch with the good guys. So now I am in an organization where everything matters again, where every decision impacts patient care. Now I can't not be plugged in to what is happening in healthcare - to what is right in healthcare and what isn't. It is a good feeling.

And now that I am plugged in again, I am eager to start writing posts. I hope you will join me again to fight the good fight for hospitals and for patients.

Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home